Adelyn Stacey Martin
Born Oct. 15, 2009
6 lbs. 2 oz.
So here's the scoop (for all those that care - otherwise please dis-regard!)
Wed. night I was feeling contractions, but because I never actually "went" into labor with Braden, I didn't know what to expect. I woke up Greg at 3 and told him, I was getting worried - like I needed to get showered and do my hair. :) I wasn't in any pain though, so he told me to go back to bed. ( He told me later he was way tired from call and didn't want to get up! such a rough life. :)) So I rolled over and they got less and less.
The next morning was my Doctor appt. I knew something was going on, so we did load the car with all of our stuff. At the appt. she told me I was a 5 and was worried by the fact that I lived 25 minutes away. It really scared me. But none the less, I wasn't having active contractions, so we drove home (we also had Braden with us, so we had to go back). After a quick stop at the mechanics to drop Greg's car off (I'm always trying to multi-task. :)) I knew we should probably turn around. So my sweet friend and Aunt helped with babysitting for Braden and away we went. I got to the hospital at 12:45. I was still a 5, and felt like maybe I should have stayed home! So my doctor broke my water, and an hour later I decided to get the epidural, it was getting uncomfortable. And about an hour after that, I was still a 5! WHAT? So Greg went out in the hall to call people, the nurse came in worried about the babies heart rate. After 20 or so minutes, the nurse ran out to get the doctor and I was told it was time! Crazy! Thankfully Greg came in right then, and within 12 minutes we had a baby! So much better than the first time! It was so much better to go through labor with a healthy baby as the end result! I think we have appreciated it so much more!
There are no words to describe how amazing it is to bring a little angel into the world. We are both so happy to finally meet her and cannot wait to get to know her! Even though we call Pregnancy an 'infection' in our house, it is an amazing blessing. (remind me of that next time :))
We love you baby Adelyn! (ya - didn't decide on the name until this morning!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment