Ignore my disastrous room!!!
This was the last pic before the actual day
Every sunday as my due date got closer and closer, I couldn't believe I was making it one more week. Every pregnancy my doc scares me into thinking I will have a super early baby.
Being new in the ward was so scary and I spent a lot of time trying to meet people and share the fact that I was terrified and needed a back up for the middle of the night.
Everyone was so sweet and I got many offers.
Luckily I told My mom to fly in 8 days before my due date.
( chase and addy were both born exactly one week before due date )
We went to lunch, ran some errands, and finished up some odds and ends. That night I just had the feeling I needed to shower and wash my hair. Around 10 I started some contractions that felt slightly different. But it was hard! I've been having braxton hicks for weeks! It's so hard to know. But they started getting sooo regular and more crampy feeling. We kept timing them, trying to decide what to do. Around 2 am we decided to go in. It's scary cause in the past, once my water breaks, I have a baby in less than 20 minutes. ( which is how far the hospital is)!
So luckily my mom was there and we could leave! Such a blessing!!!
My last belly pic. I was ecstatic to be at the beginning of the end! I was soooooo over pregnancy!
They checked me and I was only a 3!!!!! 😡 gosh dang it! Same story as chase. After two or three hours and lots of walking, I was still a three. But because I was contracting and bleeding, they decided to admit me. I got assigned the sweetest nurse ever. Her name could have been Pollyanna 😂. I told the OB I wanted to wait as long as possible for the epidural. I like my body doing as much natural as possible to keep things moving along, but 'Pollyanna' convinced me a couple hours of sleep before delivery might be nice. Night labor is so awful, because you are so tired for days!
So....I listened to her. And it was a lot more relaxing! They almost didn't give it to me, because I guess my platelets were low or something?? But they all go above and beyond to help when they find out greg worked there. And they ok'd it. My nurse introduced greg to everyone. lol.
After a couple hours of semi rest, I was still only a 4!! 😡 so my doc broke my water and decided to go to lunch. I was a little nervous when she left because I could tell I was quickly progressing. I kept expecting a baby to pop out. Haha.
About 30 minutes after breaking my water it was time to push! I pushed through two contractions and he was here! He snuggled right up to me and settled in. Our biggest baby by one ounce 6 ' 14''. It was a sweet and miraculous moment. I was overjoyed to meet him and especially overjoyed to not be Prego anymore!! ;)
I have had my best recovery ever and was walking within 24 hours!
And he has been a great eater! So here's to buckling down and getting ready for crazy nights with the little bundle of joy.


No comments:
Post a Comment