Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weekly Snapshot

So I have been in a slight blog funk. We have been having tons of crazy fun, but of course didn't take my camera to anything! ARGH! I hate myself for that! I was telling someone how much I love blogging and how I feel like I keep a journal that way, but then realized I miss a lot of the fun little events.
NOTE: if any of you have pics of any of this, will you send them to me?

THIS WEEK: (with no pics - so sorry - more for my record! :))

-We were able to go to the Aquarium twice. Once with some friends (last week) and once with some cousins! It was a blast and the kids love it!

-Braden had his four year check up and Adelyn had her 15 month checkup. (updates on that coming soon) Which ended with a lunch outing to Mcdonalds (part of the bribery)

-We went to visit my extended family up in the canyon, where Braden went sledding for the first time. I COULD NOT get him to come in. He was having the time of his life. I thought "Why I have we not done this before? Then I feel really guilty that because of me, my kids miss out on opportunities! Ugh - wish I could slow down every once and while. :)"

-We played our new favorite toy the Kinect with almost everyone we know! (well not quite, but it seemed like it :)) hahahh Seriously - we had lots of people over, including Greg's brother and his wife, to bring on the competition and give them some entertainment. (Greg provides this! Wish he would let me post his dancing video!!) If you want to see, let us know, you're welcome anytime! :)

-I taught a mini-class for enrichment about how to sew simple drapes and pillows for your home. If anyone wants the handouts emailed to you - let me know - I will no prob! I made this adorable pillow, which I am hoping to post a 'how to' tutorial soon! Get excited for some upcoming creativity!


-My sister Jen came up to visit for a few days. She is leaving for a mission in a few weeks and we were so glad to be able to spend some time with her before she leaves! We'll miss you tons Jen!

-Last week, Braden started primary. WOW! I now feel old! He is doing GREAT - but had to give the scripture a couple weeks ago. Some kids giggled when he spoke too loud and it was down hill from there. He's still pretty shy when it comes to those things! I was impressed he even stood up there, so baby steps :)

3 comments:

PalsRWe said...

Oh Please, email me the handout for the drapes and pillows. I l always love your thoughts and ideas.You would be so proud of me, I am almost finished "Sewing" curtains for our family room. Totally adorable flower pillow. Please post a tutorial for that.. I am sure you just have so much "Free Time" J/K

PS your family pic in that business, is neat but a little odd, they should have at least asked permission. Heck send some free toys your way too.

Nancy said...

I would love the handouts as well! That pillow is SOOO cute! I want to make me one!

Lexie said...

Sign me up for the handouts, please!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...