Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Anderson Family Cruise

Everyone keeps asking for pics, I'm glad you're all so interested in my not so exciting life. hahah jk ;)

  - Anyway - didn't take a ton of pictures, we just relaxed and enjoyed the week. 
It was a family reunion for greg's WHOLE extended family. 
We loved it and had a great time hanging out with them all.




And just to record the most humiliating experience of my life. ( can't believe I'm even blogging about it, it's making me re-live it - AHHH) There was a karaoke contest to find people to sing in the finale show on the cruise. Thinking back to my high school days and all the performing I used to do (key word: High school days!), I thought, why not? This might be fun. I was T-E-R-R-E-F-I-E-D though! (to say the least) But Greg's cousin was doing it as well, and she encouraged me to do it with her (along with the whole fam) - which turned out to be the worst part! So the WHOLE 78 member family came to listen to us audition. We had to choose a Britney song, and considering everyone had chosen the same one, I decided to try another (less known) one. BAD choice! I chose "Lucky" thinking it would all come back to me, ya - well it didn't. And the back up vocals were horrendously unhelpful. I TOTALLY massacred it, had probably THE WORST perfomance of my entire life - in front of the whole family (and about 150 other people). I ALMOST ran straight out of the place! It got even worse when I had to go back onto the stage to have people vote. AND HIS FAMILY KEPT VOTING for me! AHHH - I wanted to die, they were doing it out of pity. And of course is cousin sounded great! hahah 
It was horrible.
 I basically ran out, went to my room, put in my ipod and cried myself to sleep. 
(I'm not the kind of person that gets over embarassament easily - so drama will come! - don't judge me :) ) 
It took me a day to get over it enough to talk and be around everyone. UGH! 
Two nights later greg so kindly agreed to sing "Summer Nights" (from grease) with me in the Karaoke bar. (He felt so bad for me) - I had to do it just to get back on the horse, I had to check if I even still knew how to sing. LOL - it helped a LITTLE, but I will forever remember that as one of the most humiliating experiences ever!!!
(oh and luckily I didn't win!!)

1 comment:

Emily and Ryan said...

What a fun thing to do with family. I remember your beautiful voice. Sorry that happened...I'm sure you looked hot though.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...