So I have really cut back on my mileage lately. Just to help with knee problems and try different things. The last time I ran more than 4 miles was probably 6-8 months ago! Friday night a friend tells me that she is running a race with some girl friends the next morning. A half marathon has always been in my dreams, I really wanted to do one this spring, but never registered - (just didn't know if life would be crazy or not, ha ha).
I decided I would just go half way with them, because running is what I love to do and I was excited to go out with some girls and enjoy it. Half way in, I thought, I can do this! I can attain my goal right here and now and feel like my life is compete! :) Been there, Done that. LOL - So.... I kept going, and it wasn't as horrible as I suspected. Muscles were sore, but I was determined to go the whole way! I'm so glad the girls let me join them, and I will always remember the fun experience!
So a Half Marathon on a whim - I might try to train the next time :) - Especially since I couldn't walk up and down the stairs the next day!

1 comment:
So Awesome Loo!!
Post a Comment