Finally announcing our little man!
We are so in love and trying to get sleep whenever possible!
Here's a few pics - of course we have more coming!! :-)
Labor story,
just for my record:
just for my record:
One week before my due date (my doc was amazed I made it that far! I was excited to show her it was possible. haha) She stripped my membranes that morning (sorry TMI) and I started cramping early afternoon. Couldn't rest at all. Just going through play by play what I would do if suddenly I was in labor at home with addy. Scary thought. Addy just came so fast, that I got so worried! Luckily all was ok. I kept lightly cramping, went to get my mom at the airport. We met greg for pizza for dinner and I was having contractions about 5-8 minutes apart. So we decided to just go check things out. when I got there I was only a THREE!!?? WHAT?? I was shocked. With addy I walked comfortably into the hospital at a five and with braden, I wasn't begging for an epidural until a seven. Surprised that I was in so much more pain this time. This continued through the night. So because my contractions were so close together they decided to admit me. By the time they admitted me I was dying. Never really experienced labor like this! I can handle contractions every 5-8 minutes, but it was a consistent every 2 minutes for 3 hours. They wanted to offer me more drugs through an IV, but I was determined to just wait until I could have an epidural. FINALLY around 1:30 AM they gave me one. I was still only a 4.5. Still shocked over this! I closed my eyes a little, but who sleeps when the nurses come in every freakin 5 minutes! Annoying. Around 5 they checked me and he said I was a 7. He broke my water and then said, wow, your probably ready to go. (Which is what happened to Addy. I went from a 5 to a 10 in 20 minutes.) The commotion quickly started as they prepped everything. I pushed one time and there he was! They had to tell me to stop pushing! Chase Samual Martin (Samual after Greg's Dad) 6 lbs 10 oz 19.5 inches long. Born at 5:50 AM. Luckily that part was easy. There is nothing like the moment you first meet your little angel. I live for this moment with each child and cherish the love and admiration you feel for them and your heavenly father for trusting this angel with us! I was on cloud nine (or a little adrenalin) for quite a while! And had a hard time resting. Greg and I are so in love with this little man and really truly feel blessed to have him in our lives. I couldn't feel happier or more blessed. As now he is almost three weeks old, the adlrenalin is wearing off and exhuastion setting in. (he likes to play at night!) But we still feel so blessed. This time is so fleeting, which is easier to realize with your third child!
1 comment:
Yay!! I can't believe you "walked around comfortably" at a 7 with your first two! Lucky girl! He looks just like Braden. Can't wait to meet cute little Chase! :)
Post a Comment