I have been in glasses for almost 15 years! UGH! I was just able to get Lasik on my eyes! Something I didn't think would be possible for another ten years! My life has changed completely! To be able to wake up in the morning (and every night for that matter) and open my eyes to a real world, rather than a blur of colors, is AMAZING! All you who wear glasses out there - you know how much it means just to be able to glance at the alarm clock on the nightstand and actually READ it! I feel so incredibly blessed to have had this opportunity! I CAN SEE!

BEWARE: I know - I screamed at this picture too!!!! This is the only pic I could find of me in glasses. Scary huh? I can't believe I went out in public like this. Lets just say - I REALLY went through an awkward stage (and this was the better end - if you could only imagine!)

For those of you wondering, the surgery is SO not that bad! Its over in 15 minutes tops! Its slightly freaky during the process (if you are freaked out by weird clicking noises and a slight burning smell), but its over so fast, that it really doesn't matter! I felt like I had tons of soap and sand in my eyes for 2 hours after the surgery and then I was up and walking around! AMAZING!
5 comments:
Congrats, that is awesome, I am very jealous, although the whole feeling like you have soap and sand in your eyes didn't quite appeal to me. ; )
Yay!! So happy for you. That is totally life changing-how exciting! Just for the record, I think you're darling with glasses!!
Lucky girl. I have to wait for a while till I get to have lasik.
Wahoo, isn't it totally incredible? I had Lasik a long time ago, and I often forget that I used to wear glasses and contacts (can you even imagine forgetting that?) I so wish I could get it done for Todd because it is truly life-changing, so glad you get a whole new view on life!
I'm so jealous. Good for you!
Yes, there's something about burning smell and a laser in your eye to bring out a freaky feeling.
Post a Comment