Friday, October 15, 2010

Dress Design for Shabby Apple Dresses

Don't know if you remember, but I did this last year and it was way fun! It's a dress design contest for Shabby Apple Dresses.

UPDATE: So After I posted I realized that I missed the deadline by 1/2 hour! I posted 10:35 my time which was 12:35 New York time! Didn't realize until that point that it was supposed to be NY time! I cried!

I am not the best artist, but wanted to give it another try. :)
I also ended up making one of my dresses.
I put two pics in, because I couldn't decide!
#1-

#1) I was inspired by Ruffles! I am in love with them and wanted something fun and flirty. Made out of a soft Jersey Knit. The top is a polka dot, with gathers at the sleeves and a cute button to add some fun. Its hard to tell, but I wanted to spice it up a bit and cut the ruffles at an angle. I also added a little belt for a fun accessory.



#2- Inspiration:


-Loved the Collar on this!

And the silhouette of this one-






#2) I wanted more of a straight and crisp look for this one. I think it would be adorable in a soft, yet crisp cotton. With Box pleats layered down the skirt. I also used box pleats around the collar. The Top is a button closure. I think a little white belt would add some adorable contrast, (or just a fun accessory).

#3) The third one I thought it would be fun to include some ruching. Probably in a knit. Placing the ruching on an angle, Creating an angled neckline and hemline. The middle part could either be part of the dress or an added accessory??



4 comments:

the Sisters said...

I LOVE LOVE the dress you made. Maybe you make one for me for Christmas?? :)haha. SOOO adorable!!

Stephanie said...

You are amazingly talented! I love them all, but I think #2 is my favorite, but I would seriously wear them all. So cute!

Sweetbriar Sisters said...

Laura you're amazing! I love these! I hope you win

Jennifer Stacey said...

Laura!!! That dress turned out so good! I would buy that right now if it was in my size! I love it! I seriously want it so bad! You better win so that I can buy the dress!! haha

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...