All the sudden I hear Greg saying, "what is going on?" I look over to see Braden half asleep crawling in our bed.
This is astonishing - he has never done this in the night, never in his whole life!!
Greg picks him up, tells him he has to go back to bed.
6:23 AM - The baby is awake - WHAT? Its getting earlier and earlier every day. I am ignoring her, I can't do this anymore!
6:48 AM - I hear something and look up to see a little three old just moseying along on his way, walking into our room. I look at him and see that he is happily eating something.
--Braden why are you awake? (although this is no surprise to me, this is normal,unfortunately)
--Are you eating something? (another surprise, he NEVER goes downstairs alone - NEVER!)
-Just a cookie! I was hungry so I just went into the Pantry and found one.
I'm thinking - do we even have cookies in the pantry? Where and How did he find that? I'm Shocked!
So I get up, Braden goes running into Addy's room excited to say good morning. She usually hates this, because that is not who she wants in the morning, she wants the one with the food.
But I suddenly hear her calm down and then...quiet
I walk into the room somewhat nervous of what is going on. To find two happy kids sitting and eating cookies for breakfast. Braden was happy to share. It was so adorable I couldn't get mad, even though cookies for breakfast is somewhat against my religion.
These are the moments that make it worth it :)
This was how I found the pantry - everything piled up trying to get to the top shelf. I guess I had some TLC cookies, which are hard to disguise- the package is covered in cookies!

2 comments:
Hahahahahaha, oh my goodness, I needed that laugh today. Cute babies!
That is a great story, at least you're teaching them to be independent and find solutions right? Not tired=get up, hungry=find a way to reach the cookies. Sounds like my kind of plan!
Post a Comment