Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Dress design contest

One of my FAV companies Shabby Apple is having an awesome design contest for Shabby Apple Dresses. I just couldn't pass this up, Its too much fun! (And don't worry, these were done before baby came)

Which one do you like?

Its all about DETAILS! I love small things that provide a big bang!

I LOVE Ruffles, they are so fun and flirty. Here's my inspiration:

The First one is all on the A-line, meaning the ruffles and neck line are off center. There is also a little ruffle on the sleeve. I LOVE the waist, with the small detail of buttons. I think this is cute in the plum color and would do this in a lightweight cotton.

The second one, is fun and flirty! Lots of fun ruffles down the skirt and a little at the neckline and sleeve. There is also a higher waist that provides a "belted" look without the belt,(but a belt could be added if desired. I love the fun bright colors for spring. This would be cute in this tangerine color or a light plum. I would definitely do this in a lightweight knit fabric, to provide some great movement!

I also love ruching - its so fun to play with and can be flattering on anyone! Here's my inspiration:

I would love this third one in a lightweight knit and love this blue color. Making it flattering and somewhat loose, not too tight. The waistband is slightly angled and would be a great waist thinner! :) The gathers go all the way up the dress - they are also A-symmetrical.

The last one has a gathered piece for the sleeves and waistband (great looking on anyone!) and has a small off center ruching at the hem! Which creates a creative accent at the bottom of the dress. This would be a fun spring dress in a knit and I love this bubblegum pink!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...