Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Favorite Things...

Favorite Craft this week - Acorn Wreath
I have been eying this beauty for awhile! Of course mine didn't turn out this cute, but I still love it. I used Lima beans instead of acorns, those are hard to come by around my house. Check out this easy tutorial here. And its for all seasons, just grab a simple can of spray paint. Love it!


Favorite Recipe of the week - Sneaky Cream Pasta

I love this dish! This is my go to quick meal of the week. A healthy and low fat version of cream pasta. No cream here!! Its great if I need to use a bunch of unused veggies in my fridge or for the extra speedy version, I use a bag of frozen veggies.

1 1/2 C Whole grain Rotini Pasta
1 Tbs. Olive oil
Mixed veggies (fresh or frozen)
3/4 C Low Fat Evaporated Milk
1/2 C low sodium Chicken Broth
2 Tbs. All Purpose Flour
1/3 C Finely Shredded Parmesan Cheese

Cook Pasta according to directions. Cook Veggies. You can stir fry them in the oil, steam them, or microwave. Whisk Milk, Broth, and Flour in separate bowl. Add to skillet with veggies and cook on medium until thick and bubbly. Mix in pasta and cheese. YUM!

Favorite Deal this week - TUCANOS!
Love this restaurant! All you do is sign up for the birthday club and you get buy one meal get one free. It lasts for the whole month of your birthday! And kids under 6 eat free! One adult eats (buffet) for $19.99. So basically the whole family can eat for that price!! We went there this week (a late celebration for my birthday dinner). It was way fun and totally kid friendly.

2 comments:

katie said...

Cute wreath! Maybe I'll get crafty. And that pasta looks yummers!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe, Laura! I was wondering what to make for dinner, then I saw this so I'm going to try it! I have loved all the recipes I've gotten from you, do you have a healthy food blog? If not, you should start one, I'd love to try more of your healthy recipes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...