This week has been somewhat abnormal for us. Starting Sunday night with Greg and Braden getting food poisoning. I had to sleep on the floor next to Braden's bed waiting for the moment to jump up with a bucket; all while listening to Greg in the other room. (It was a long night) and oddly enough the first night in awhile that Adelyn only woke up once. A couple days later I started feeling weird, woke up nauseaus and spent the whole day in bed with a fever and extremely sore muscles. Luckily Greg was able to come home and save me, because I think Addy had the same thing I had.
Yesterday lying in bed all day unable to fall asleep, I thought about how much torture it was - To have to stare at my sewing table FULL of half done projects, the cobwebs in the corners, the overflowing hamper, and the dust on the nightstand, and not be able to do a thing about it. It was awful. I wondered why we have to get sick, why do we have to have days like this? But for some reason, after it was all over I think I realized why: I got to hold my baby in the middle of the night and tell him it would all be okay, assure my husband that I didn't think he was a baby :) and I loved him enough to be there when he needed me, I got to rock my baby to sleep and LET her sleep in my arms, the kiddos got a day with their Dad, and I got a day to stop and think - whoever get's one of those?
I kind of feel lucky after it all. Weird I know. It reminded me of a post I read while Craft Blog Hopping (which I am too addicted to) where I read this post. She talked about always "loving the lamb you are with." I loved it. I guess it goes for the good times and the bad. To future moments with my little lambs...
4 comments:
Laura, you are inspiring. I don't think I've ever been thankful or my kid throwing up. I'm glad that Greg could come home to help you out and that you're all feeling better and I LOVE the idea of loving the lamb you're with. What a beautiful way to put it. Hope you're having a happy, healthy day.
Oh Laura we need to talk! I'm so sorry I haven't called, this week has been crazy. This was the cutest post ever and I it seriously made me cry- :)
Oh! I am so sorry! I didn't realize you guys were so sick! I would have tried to bring you dinner or something. I am glad you are feeling better. What a great way to look at the situation though. You are inspiring! :-) I loved reading this post.
Aawww...my favorite post YET. I love it. Made me get teary!
Post a Comment